Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
As an Application Engineer at Climeworks, your mission is to support the deployment of our technology by offering solutions development by our Research and Development (R&D) teams to our project development team. Your role involves evaluating, analyzing, and recommending technology options to optimize performance, cost-effectiveness, and feasibility for implementation in the field based on various possible geographical locations. You'll be instrumental in translating technical advancements into practical solutions for DAC deployment.
- You conduct comprehensive assessments of the various Climeworks technology options, evaluating their availability, cost, performance and risk profiles for various sites.
- You work closely with R&D teams and various engineering departments, you create detailed proposals based on the required design adaptations outlining the real-world performance and cost potential, as well as qualitative benefits, drawbacks and risks for different technology options.
- You collaborate with the project development team to understand the site-specific environments including solutions for CO2 storage and energy sourcing to identify opportunities for enhancing the performance and efficiency of DAC technologies for specific applications.
- You come up with recommendations to the project development team allowing informed decision-making representing the R&D teams in early project scouting phases, ensuring effective and timely communication and understanding of technological advancements, limitations and their practical implications.
- You maintain detailed documentation of assessments, proposals, and findings to build a catalogue of the customized versions of the design of our systems applied to different locations.
- You hold a university degree in process engineering, chemical engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in performance estimation for process engineering.
- You bring a solid understanding of the elements of the CO2 capture and storage value chain and DAC technologies in general.
- Knowledge of renewable energy systems is a plus.
- You have the ability to assess and analyze complex data to derive meaningful insights and make data-driven recommendations.
- You have experience in project management methodologies and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.