Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Cost Engineer at an advanced level to join our manufacturing team, based in Zürich, Switzerland.
Your responsibilities will include cost estimation, including should-cost, cost modelling, top-down and bottom-up approaches for our engineered products across various manufacturing technologies.
- Your mission at Climeworks will be to drive cost excellence for our proprietary Direct Air Capture machines, ensuring that new and existing product designs are cost-optimized. You will be a key player in driving the product cost awareness culture at Climeworks. Close collaboration with product design, manufacturing and supply chain will be critical to ensure cost optimization is correctly prioritized and results are tangible and sustainable.
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant data and insights for accurate cost assessments.
- You analyze and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and project requirements to develop precise product cost estimates. Provide insights and recommendations on cost-saving opportunities and value engineering initiatives.
- You utilize advanced tools and software to perform cost modelling and simulation for various project scenarios.
- You work closely with the procurement team to assess supplier quotes and negotiate favorable terms. Contribute to the development and enhancement of cost estimation best practices within the organization.
- You hold a bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- You have an advanced proficiency (5+ years) in cost engineering with specific experience in cost estimation for engineered products across various manufacturing technologies.
- You have solid understanding of should-cost, cost modelling, top-down, and bottom-up approaches.
- You have further education or experience in business or supply chain is an advantage.
- You are proficient in using relevant software tools for cost estimation and modelling.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.