Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to successfully lead the Project Controls Team (Planning, Cost Control and Estimating) and contribute to the development, maintenance, and continual improvement of Climeworks cost scheduling management tools and process as well as for cost estimating, cost data analysis and project control reports while ensuring that all management practices are implemented on the project.
- You collaborate with Project Managers and other functional leads to develop and maintain an Integrated Master Schedule.
- You work with project teams and contractors to develop and set up various project cost reports, manpower and commodity reports.
- You assist in the preparation of TIC estimates by providing actual project related data, trends and project changes.
- You validate cost reports and schedules prepared by contractors for resource and cost loading, activity durations, schedule logic, float allocation and critical path identification.
- You liaise with all the project specific stakeholders whose actions may impact project cost, plan/progress (Earned Value)/schedule, to devise, agree and carry on any mitigation action.
- You highlight issues with the corresponding recommended mitigation actions to the Project Manager; you implement Change Management as per established procedure and keep track record of all PDNs, RFI, change requests and trends on the project and ensure that the project current budgets and forecast are maintained in line with changes and trends.
- You keep track of usage of various project allowances and contingency and maintain drawdown curves.
- You establish and maintain project cost databases to reflect project cost history enabling benchmarking with TIC estimate and preparation of Project Close out report.
- You completed a university degree in Engineering.
- You have 15+ years of experience in project controls and estimating experience in refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sectors.
- You gained experience working in an EPC environment, managing EPCs.
- Experience working on at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries) sector project as an Owner or Owner’s representative at all post DBM phased of a project.
- You gained experience working with project groups, in all project phases and with the execution of full life cycle costs as well as with project scoping and participating in project risk.
- You have knowledge of Primavera, MS Project cost management and ERP Systems, as well as implementing industry standard change management processes.
- You have knowledge of up-to-date business processes and best practices as utilized on Major/Mega Projects.
- You are a true leader and role model, a crisp communicator that easily enables fast decision-making throughout the company, and you effectively manage and influence stakeholders of multi-disciplined professionals.
- You are a promoter of open communication and can create a positive culture.
- You are driven by our scale-up vision and your excellent strategic, organizational and negotiation skills set you apart.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- You are fluent in English; German would be a plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.