Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to successfully lead Climeworks technical project team to ensure a seamless execution of DAC plants in the US, and to build up a US-based engineering team while ensuring that all technical interfaces between the engineering team and project partners are clearly defined and properly delivered.
- You establish and maintain a safety culture without compromises to ensure safe and compliant operation.
- You build up and manage a world-class engineering team in the US with a core focus on people and management culture, in collaboration with the relevant program and project managers.
- You oversee all US DAC plant engineering and delivery projects in alignment with Climework’s strategic objectives.
- You build up and maintain required lean processes and tools for the US engineering organization in alignment with the process and tool landscape of the Climeworks Group.
- You have completed a university degree in Engineering.
- You have 15+ years of engineering experience in refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sectors.
- You have 10+ years of experience in engineering management, successfully leading collocated and remote technical teams, contractors and suppliers.
- You have gained 5+ years of field experience in the process or energy industry. Preferably, you have technical leadership knowledge in large-scale process industry projects.
- You gained experience working in an EPC environment, managing EPCs
- Experience working on at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries) sector project as an Owner or Owner’s representative at all post DBM phased of a project.
- You gained experience working with project groups, in all project phases and with the execution of full life cycle costs as well as with project scoping and participating in project risk.
- You are a true leader and role model, a crisp communicator that easily enables fast decision-making throughout the company, and you effectively manage and influence stakeholders of multi-disciplined professionals.
- You are a promoter of open communication and can create a positive culture.
- You are driven by our scale-up vision and your excellent strategic, organizational and negotiation skills set you apart.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 30%.
- You are fluent in English; German would be a plus.
Disclaimer: You should be willing and able to commute regularly to our current office location in Kansas City, Missouri.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.