Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to lead and be the face of Project Cypress, the first megaton Direct Air Capture Hub in the United States, from development through operations.
- You oversee the full development consisting of three projects in various stages of development and construction with a total CAPEX budget of more than $3 billion.
- You oversee a comprehensive program team, which includes project directors responsible for individual projects within the program, as well as leads for cross-program workstreams.
- You act as the face of the program development and Climeworks towards the community and policy makers of Louisiana.
- You manage risks and interfaces across the program to ensure efficient buildout and establishment of operational setup.
- You manage partnerships and key relationships around the hub including the Department of Energy, CO2 storage partners and energy solution providers.
- You are responsible for establishing a robust financial foundation to support the Final Investment Decision (FID) for every project phase.
- Upon the operationalization of the hub, your role extends to overseeing the Profit and Loss (P&L) statement and closely collaborate with the Operations team to optimize asset performance throughout its lifecyle.
- Strong background in engineering or commerce.
- Program management certification and tools.
- Proven track record in handling multi-billion-dollar CAPEX projects.
- Strong ties within the Louisiana community.
- Demonstrated expertise in building and influencing relationships with policymakers at the state and local levels.
- Demonstrate ability to inspire enthusiasm for a new industry's development.
- A proactive and result-oriented approach, coupled with the capacity to collaborate and achieve objectives through teamwork.
- Strong networking skills dedicated to fostering engagement with regards to Direct of Capture of CO2, Climeworks, and the Cypress Project.
- Effective communicator – adept at engaging with individuals on-site as well as with policy makers, demonstrating consistent appeal and respect.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Disclaimer: You are living in Louisiana or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.