Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to lead the instrumentation and controls development for one of our Direct Air CO₂ capture plants through individual contribution and work in small teams. These are first-of-a-kind plants that are defining a new industry.
- You partner with our program managers and subcontractors to deliver the full scope of control systems development: Gather control requirements, determine sensor and actuator configurations, simulate control systems, design algorithms, verify and validate the system, document, deliver to commissioning, support during service.
- You represent the Climeworks Controls Team to its internal customers and to outside suppliers and partners.
- You deliver to quality, cost, and schedule for your program.
- You report progress, escalate issues, and implement solutions with the Project Engineering Manager.
- You support technical aspects of contracts/change requests.
- You contribute to the Climeworks control system architecture roadmap.
- You ideally have earned a Master’s Degree in mechatronics or process engineering, but we are open to strong profiles who have learned through other channels.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in industrial controls and automation, ideally with at least one year using large-scale DCS systems.
- You are a system-level thinker and controls all-rounder, able to solve problems involving hardware, software, sensors, actuators, networking, and process engineering.
- You do controls, but you are curious and capable in thermodynamics and chemistry, so you can work effectively with specialists from other areas.
- You are experienced with controller programming languages, industrial fieldbuses, PLC controllers and typical instrumentation and actuators.
- You have commissioned plants in energy, food, pharma, manufacturing, automotive, or other sectors.
- You are a strong communicator with a structured working style and a record of delivering results.
- You are motivated to enter the fast-growing climate technology sector and want to leave a positive mark on society.
- You are open to travel and to occasional overseas rotations of around a month.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.