Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
Your mission at Climeworks as the Senior Delivery Manager is to play a pivotal role in orchestrating the seamless delivery and successful integration of bespoke components into our Direct Air Capture plant construction. Working with our R&D teams, you'll be managing the link between our manufacturing teams and on-site operations, ensuring the efficient flow of manufactured components to empower the DAC plant construction teams.
- You develop and implement robust strategies to successfully deliver all Climeworks-bespoke components (collector containers, structural frame and associated components to sorbent material) required for Climeworks’s plant to site.
- You collaborate closely with our internal teams and suppliers to ensure timely production and delivery schedules align with our (internal) customers timelines and quality standards. You are accountable to manage cost, schedule and quality.
- You work closely with engineering, operations, and procurement teams to ensure smooth coordination and alignment of all activities involved in the component delivery process.
- You also work with the quality team, you will ensure that stringent quality control measures, ensuring that all delivered components (across technical disciplines) meet Climeworks' quality standards and specifications.
- You will proactively identify and mitigate potential risks with the team that could impact component delivery schedules or quality, devising contingency plans to address any issues that may arise.
- You oversee the end-to-end delivery process, managing schedules, budgets, and resources effectively to ensure on-time and within-budget delivery of components.
- You maintain accurate records of schedules and costs, generate reports, and provide regular updates to stakeholders regarding the status of component deliveries and any associated issues.
- You hold a university degree within an engineering, manufacturing or operation management discipline. Project Management Certification, traditional or agile (PMI CAPM/PMP/ACP or equivalent) are good to have.
- You have at least 10 years of project management experience in refining, chemical, Petro-Chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sectors.
- You also have experience working in an fabrication and/or manufacturing facility and with working in the field during construction as well as with packaged equipment and modularization.
- You also gathered proven experience in manufacturing of large hardware systems and supply chain management, ideally in an R&D or technology-driven environment.
- You also have experience working with projects groups, in all project phases of projects, design, risk assessment, execution plan incorporating full life cycle costs and with participating in project risk, lessons learned, schedule, management of change and design review sessions.
- You have experience with project management of large-scale process industry projects in the US at > USD$50MM and demonstrated the ability to solve the hardest technical and people challenges in multiple areas of a business and to initiate and champion new technologies and evaluate project opportunities.
- You also have experience with presenting monthly project management reports and with managing technical and non-technical interfaces and with managing the resolution of technical and non-technical interfaces.
- You promote effective communication by ensuring that open communication between the parties is maintained and you have a proven practical understanding of project management principles and best practices as well as with quality control processes and procedures.
- You have experience in presenting to executive audiences and EPC contractors.
- You are a role model leading by example that is able to create positive culture and people mindset that can enable fast decisions across the company.
- You are driven by scale-up vision, and you are a strategic, big-picture thinker that has also strong negotiation skills.
- You are able to effectively manage and influence stakeholders of multi-disciplined professionals and have great organizational leadership and interpersonal skills.
- You are business fluent in English and your excellent communication skills set you apart.
- You are open to travel up to 40%.
Disclaimer: You are living in Austin, Texas or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We don’t accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.