Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission is to assess and monitor environmental emissions associated with Climeworks’ technologies at prototype and plant scale as a Senior Environmental Scientist within our Chemical Sustainability & Quality Team.
- You lead and contribute to the development and execution of testing concepts for air and water quality, ensuring compliance with environmental standards and regulations.
- You plan test set-ups and develop analytical methodologies for environmental emission testing.
- You conduct in-depth analysis of environmental data, assess the environmental impact of Climeworks' operations, and provide insights to improve overall environmental performance.
- You build environmental models to investigate the impact of our emissions.
- You identify potential environmental issues related to our technologies and support the team in implementing effective mitigation measures.
- You collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, researchers, and external partners, to integrate environmental measures into all aspects of Climeworks' operations.
- You stay abreast of environmental regulations ensuring Climeworks’ continued compliance with all relevant standards and guidelines.
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Environmental Science or Engineering, Atmospheric Science, Analytical Chemistry, or a related field.
- You bring 5+ years of professional experience in a similar role, demonstrating expertise in the development and application of analytical methods relevant to emissions testing - preferably, within the context of a technology or plant operating/engineering company.
- You have strong knowledge of environmental regulations and standards, ideally in a chemical industry setting.
- Preferable you bring expertise in air quality monitoring and/or proficiency in point source gas and/or water monitoring.
- You demonstrate a proven track record in leading and managing environmental emission testing projects.
- You have the ability to work efficiently in multidisciplinary teams.
- You excel in problem-solving and have the capability to address complex technical challenges.
- You are Highly self-motivated, proactive, and precise, thriving in a hands-on role within a fast-paced environment.
- You embody a collaborative team player with enthusiasm for contributing to a rapidly evolving industry.
- You bring excellent communication skills for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Your team: As a dynamic and enthusiastic team of professionals, we play a crucial role in driving the expansion of our business. Operating within a vibrant and exciting environment, we are actively involved in various initiatives aimed at comprehensively addressing environmental emissions. We eagerly anticipate connecting with individuals who share our passion and motivation. Join us on this journey as we contribute to a sustainable and impactful future!
What we offer: What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.