Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to execute Conceptual, Basic and Detail Process Engineering with your team and external partners with focus on optimizing our plants enabling fast upscaling of our technology.
- You evaluate standard and innovative industrial technologies to be transferred into our process plant.
- You model, simulate and optimize our process to identify optimal designs and subsequently review and supervise the creation of PFDs as well as P&IDs.
- You create tools to enable a proper costing of process related equipment at an early stage of development.
- You are continuously analyzing data from our current plants in operation to optimize our processes and further improve our new plants.
- You train and sustain methodology on process risk assessment and guide others in relevant norms and directives by building up a formalized framework.
- You hold a university degree in process engineering, chemical engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- You have at least 8 years of work experience in a similar role.
- You have sophisticated knowledge in chemical and/or steam processes, process simulation and in developing independently piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- You bring in knowledge of relevant norms and directives.
- You are furthermore familiar with HAZOP, SIL and LOPA methodologies.
- You are a person that really owns the work, thrives to work in an interdisciplinary team, is comfortable with fast paced development and is adaptable to change.
- You are self-driven, an excellent communicator and team player with the ability to lead small project teams.
- On top of that, are you fluent in English? Then we are keen to get to know you!
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.