Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to successfully lead Climeworks project team & the EPC contractor team to assure the successful execution of DAC Plants, while being responsible for all project risks, the implementation of mitigation plans and for ensuring all project interfaces are properly managed & full compliance is delivered.
- You establish and maintain a safety culture without compromises to ensure safe and compliant operation.
- You effectively manage the project teams (internal & contractors) for all aspects of the engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning and start-up with a core focus on people and management culture.
- You deliver projects in alignment with Climeworks’ strategic objectives and according to Climeworks Project Lifecycle Framework.
- You ensure appropriate technical scope, cost estimate, cost & schedule controls, and audits take place in a timely manner.
- You completed a university degree in Engineering.
- You have 15+ years of project management experience in refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities and/or renewables industries’ sectors.
- You gained experience working in an EPC environment, managing EPCs.
- Heavy experience working on at least one process engineering industry (refining, chemical, petro-chemical facilities) sector project as an Owner or Owner’s representative at all post DBM phased of a project.
- You gained experience working with project groups, in all project phases and with the execution of full life cycle costs as well as with project scoping and participating in project risk.
- You were involved in project management of large-scale process industry projects > USD$300MM.
- You are comfortable defining engineering deliverables, you are up to date on business processes and aware of best practices on mega projects.
- You are a true leader and role model, a crisp communicator that easily enables fast decision-making throughout the company, and you effectively manage and influence stakeholders of multi-disciplined professionals.
- You are a promoter of open communication and can create a positive work culture.
- You are driven by our scale-up vision and your excellent strategic, organizational and negotiation skills set you apart.
- You are willing and able to travel up to 30%.
You are fluent in English; German would be a plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.