Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climewors is to ensure that all activities on our direct air capture site in Iceland are performed to the highest standards of safety and in compliance with the allocated budget and schedule, making the workplace a secure and efficient environment- a unique opportunity!
- You coordinate and manage the activities of the various contractors on site, ensuring smooth collaboration and maximizing productivity.
- You ensure that all on-site work is completed to the highest quality and in accordance with the pre-defined quality management requirements, guaranteeing excellence in every aspect of the project.
- You take charge of the day-to-day management of Climeworks on-site Supervisors, Construction Manager, and HSE Supervisor, leading and guiding the team towards success.
- You provide valuable site expertise during the early design phase to optimize for construction, proactively preventing any potential changes or challenges in the field.
- You actively provide input into, and champion the management of site-related risks, ensuring a proactive approach to mitigating potential issues.
- You offer crucial support to the Climeworks Commissioning and Start-Up team, facilitating a smooth transition and successful launch of the facility.
- You bring a Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field, along with a minimum of 10 years of site-based leadership experience or over 15 years of direct industry experience.
- You offer proven expertise as a Site Manager in industrial construction projects, including oil and gas, mining, and more, with a focus on delivering projects from start to operational handover.
- You bring in-depth knowledge of construction processes, safety standards, and CE requirements for industrial plants in Europe, ensuring compliance and quality.
- You offer strong leadership abilities, motivating and managing diverse teams to achieve project success; you actively manage diverse stakeholders, creating a positive culture and fostering a people-oriented mindset.
- You possess excellent organizational, problem-solving, and prioritization skills, enabling you to make informed decisions under pressure.
- You excel in communication and interpersonal skills, building positive relationships with clients, subcontractors, and project team members.
- You have experience in technical and non-technical interface management, effectively coordinating with stakeholders and providing periodic project reporting.
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of construction standards, legislation, and regulations within the EU region.
- You possess expertise in industrial processes, fabrication, and the installation of plant equipment for various applications.
- You are fluent in English and are open to live in Iceland; German is a strong plus.
What we offer: What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.