Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to ensure Climeworks' competitive advantage by identifying and delivering best-in-class technology solutions for structured supports for sorbents to meet performance and cost reduction goals.
- You ensure the structured sorbents’ manufacturability, quality, and reliability, ensure their integration into Climeworks collector containers, and manage the corresponding IP.
- You collaborate with sorbent material developers, ensuring that requirements imposed by on the sorbent materials by structuring methods are considered early, and exploring packaging options for new sorbent materials.
- You oversee development, maturation, and scale-up of structured sorbents for mass manufacturing.
- You assess mechanical integrity, reliability, and quality under DAC conditions.
- You ensure industrialization and supply chain efficiency while adhering to performance and cost targets.
- You define and enforce technical standards, maintaining tools and methods in your field.
- You guide external suppliers to enhance operational performance and component longevity.
- You manage efficient communication and collaboration with external partners.
- You secure Freedom to Operate (FTO) and/or Intellectual Property (IP) for new developments.
- You hire, build, lead and foster collaboration and employee development of a highly qualified team of scientists and engineers.
- You have an advanced degree in mechanical engineering, material sciences, or chemical engineering.
- You have more than 10 years of academic and industrial experience in catalyst or sorbent structuring, manufacturing, and overall quality assessment, preferably with close links to R&D.
- You have deep knowledge of mechanical systems in industrial applications.
- You have knowledge of QC method development applied to manufactured products, failure mode analysis, and testing of mechanical components.
- You have a strong fundamental and applied knowledge of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat and mass transfer.
- You have high reliability, strong ownership, and a self-driven attitude.
- You have excellent communication skills, flexibility, and are a team player and motivator.
- You have demonstrated the ability to lead and successfully conclude system and component development initiatives.
- You have demonstrated the ability to effectively operate and influence in cross-functional teams.
- You have a passion for innovative technology and technology development.
- You are fluent in English and any German knowledge is a plus.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are.
As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.