Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to play a crucial role in accessing the substantial public and quasi-public funding sources that have been made available for DAC specifically over the last months. As the public funding manager, you will be an integral part of allowing Climeworks to access those significant public funding sources, majorly contributing to Climeworks' scale-up. You will lead the PMO for our TA-3 application under the DAC Hub FOA, Project Cypress, with the position aimed at attaining several hundred million USD for Climeworks.
- You are the owner of our TA-3 Louisiana project, responsible for all funding-related partnerships, including the relationship with the Prime, DOE/OCED, as well as Heirloom.
- You coordinate and draft subsidy and grant applications, with a specific emphasis on the USA, and subsequently manage funding budgets.
- You design and structure internal subsidy and grant application processes.
- You engage in regular exchange with respective project managers across functions to identify and assess additional funding opportunities.
- You are responsible for the ongoing administration of subsidies and grants for both concluded and ongoing projects.
- You hold a bachelor degree or its equivalent in business, economics, or a related/quantitative discipline.
- You possess over 7 years of experience in project management or a related field.
- Your background includes experience in consulting, project development, or working with a government office.
- You bring with you a network of contacts in the US. and your project management skills are excellent.
- You have basic knowledge of corporate finance and you exhibit strong leadership skills, emphasizing inspiration, system-thinking, and fostering collaborations.
- Your commercial acumen is robust, and you are committed to achieving clear and quantifiable targets.
- You can effectively communicate complex matters at various levels of hierarchy.
- Your writing competencies are strong and you excel as a networker, with a very strong professional network.
- You are business fluent in English.
- You are willing to travel up to 20%.
Disclaimer: You are living in Austin, Texas or are willing to relocate there for this position.
At Climeworks, we carefully consider market indicators to determine the compensation model for our positions. The salary range has been set by factors such as function, career level, and location and therefore may vary. The US base salary for this full-time position is typically $120,000-$150,000. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. We use the recruitment process to determine your career level, job-related skills, and depth of experience to make an informed and fair salary offer.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers ;
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidate profiles from agencies for our positions.