Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- You own a controls and automation project within the Engineering team.
- Together with an interdisciplinary team, you design, implement, test, and document the control systems for our CO₂ capture plants and testing facilities.
- You support the team to commission new plants and to adapt control systems.
- You develop plant models, software tools, and IoT (Internet of Things) code as required to deliver your project
- You have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering (or equivalent).
- You have sound knowledge of programming in at least one high-level language (Python, C++, Matlab/Simulink, etc.) and, ideally, in PLC or DCS programming.
- You demonstrate experience, coursework, or interest in at least one of these areas:
- Controls and control-oriented plant models
- Computer networking and Internet of Things
- Industrial automation
- Process engineering
- You have a structured working style, and you have a record of delivering results.
- You are attracted to “hard tech.”
- You are a creator and want to write software that runs machines that improve the world.
- You are motivated to enter the fast-growing climate technology sector.
Your Team: Our team of quirky, ambitious, and creative “makers” includes engineers with five to 25 years of experience in controls, software engineering, mechatronics, and automation.
We enjoy working with motivated interns, and we help them to launch their careers. Our team’s diverse experience includes building the control system for the world’s largest commercial CO₂ capture plant, building products for Silicon Valley startups, commissioning 7 gigawatts of power generation across the world, controlling Formula 1 race cars, automating metropolitan subway lines, and launching MPC into mass market cars and trucks.
Now we’re working together as one team with a common purpose: Remove CO₂ from the air.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates profiles from agencies for our positions.