Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- At Climeworks, we are embarking on an ambitious journey to secure several billion USD in equity over the upcoming years to drive our growth and innovation, with a specific focus on category management. In this pivotal role, you will be at the core of our category management approach, collaborating closely with senior leaders to shape and execute our equity capital market strategy within the category management domain. Your contributions will play a vital role in empowering Climeworks to attain new heights, ensuring the financial stability and resources required to advance our mission in category management.
- You lead and shape an expanding team of Category Managers towards Excellence.
- You are responsible for the management of major category Collector Container and related sub commodities.
- You optimize the existing supply chain to ensure the best quality and costs.
- You set up an international supplier network – mainly U.S. and Europe - to deliver globally.
- You are responsible for the onboarding of best-in-class suppliers to bring existing technology further and ensure scale-up.You implement and
- optimize processes.
- University degree (at least Bachelor) or comparable diploma.
- 10+ years of Strategic Procurement in steel construction, manufacturing, mechanical engineering or comparable industry.
- Top contracting and negotiation skills in complex agreements (framework agreements, LoI, etc.).
- Knows the interrelationships between the individual disciplines in plant construction.
- Long-term experience in managing strategic categories, such as steel constructions and assembly services (integrators).
- Deep technical knowledge and understanding of processes.
- Experienced in working at an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or EPC in steel construction industry.
- Excellent analytic and methodical skills.
- Profound communication skills.
- Ease to lead suppliers and internal stakeholder tightly according to Climeworks’ goals.
- Ability to coordinate interdisciplinary tasks.
- Stays focused and knows how to re-arrange priorities in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong ability to assert oneself if necessary.
- Great team player who feels comfortable in an international team.
Disclaimer: You live in Austin, Texas or are willing to relocate there for this position.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.