Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks as a Technical Communication Manager at Climeworks, is to be responsible to oversee and deliver all necessary inputs required from the Research and Development (R&D) teams during various phases of funding and investment opportunities, from application and negotiation to successful delivery. As part of our R&D program management team, you'll be responsible for crafting reports, presentations, and representing the R&D team in engagements with external partner (currently focused on the public funding authorities).
- You will be driving the application deliverables required from the R&D teams. That includes coordinating R&D teams to deliver technical inputs, data, and insights necessary for successful funding applications and making sure the project goals are aligned with funding requirements. To ensure alignment with funding guidelines & criteria, you will be in direct contact with project partners and prime contractors as well.
- You write comprehensive proposals, reports, and presentations incorporating technical details, project objectives, milestones, and expected outcomes.
- You represent Climeworks in engagements with project partners and public funding authorities, including public presentations, negotiations, and discussions regarding project specifics, milestones, and deliverables.
- You identify and mitigate potential R&D risks associated with public funding projects, ensuring adherence to timelines, budgets, and deliverables outlined in funding agreements.
- You ensure accurate and timely documentation of project-related activities, including progress reports, financial statements, and compliance documentation required by funding authorities.
- You bring a university degree in engineering/ technical/scientific field.
- You have several years of experience of contributing to funding projects, including the preparation and presentation of deliverables during all the project phases. Experience with the US DOE/NETL is beneficial.
- In this function you will need excellent written and verbal communication abilities to craft compelling proposals, reports, and presentations. You are proficient in engaging with diverse stakeholders at tailored level of complexity.
- You can negotiate effectively with funding authorities, presenting technical details in a clear and persuasive manner and don’t shy away from public speaking.
- We would prefer if you have a strong understanding of carbon capture technologies.
- You have demonstrated capacity to strategize and align project goals with external stakeholders requirements, foresee potential challenges, and develop mitigation strategies.
- You are flexible to travel globally and take part in meetings with participants in various time zones.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.