Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to lead the facility management activities and office management team to ensure a motivating and functional work environment for Climeworkers globally.
- You manage Climeworks infrastructure and secure favorable short and long-term office and workshop areas for Climeworks globally.
- You lead and negotiate rental agreements together with our legal team.
- You are responsible for space planning to support the organization's evolving needs and execute office moves together with the office managers.
- You act as single point of contact to landlord and other tenants and ensure a favorable relationship.
- You oversee efficient operation of our facilities and coordinate maintenance activities, e.g. repairs, renovations, and equipment installations.
- You lead the office management team to ensure smooth day-to-day office and administrative operations to create a motivating work environment for all Climeworkers.
- You implement and promote environmentally sustainable practices within the facility.
- You collaborate with our HSE team to ensure the safety and security of the facility.
- You are responsible for budget, reporting and supplier management.
- You completed a vocational training and obtained a degree in Facility Management, Business Administration or a related field of study.
- You have at least 6 years of experience in facility management and real estate markets.
- You demonstrated experience in leading teams and/or individuals.
- You have strong communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have excellent project management skills, preferably proven in an international environment.
- You are proficient in German & English.
What we offer: What we offer: An horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.