Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- We are looking for two interns to be part of our Technology and Engineering department and work independently on work packages in sorbent industrialization with a focus on sorbent optimization.
- You synthesize the sorbent materials for specific conditions of use, for stability and for optimal capacity.
- You test the sorbent materials for specific conditions of use, for stability and for optimal capacity.
- You characterize the materials according to given chemical and physicochemical processes.
- You help validate, troubleshoot, and document the different process control routines.
- You have a bachelor’s and/or are working towards a master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, material sciences or similar, with a focus on synthesis, analysis, data processing and evaluation.
- You are available for a 6-month internship with start date April 2024.
- You have experience in the measurement of physicochemical properties of materials.
- Ideally, you are experienced in CO2 capture. Knowledge of gas adsorption techniques such as BET, adsorption isotherms or breakthrough curves are an asset.
- You are eager to learn new concepts, skills, and tools that you might need to complete your assignments.
- You are creative, reliable, willing to perform and have a structured working style.
- You are fluent in English.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
Disclaimer: The percentage in the job title means that for this vacancy, you can decide if you want to be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works best for your needs.