Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to lead the development of contracting and sourcing strategies and negotiations for land acquisition, energy supply, or CO₂ storage for Direct Air Capture (DAC) plants in the USA.
- You develop and lead multifunctional execution efforts for these complex contracts to support Project Development and Climeworks DAC Hub projects in the USA.
- You manage contracts and execute commercial best practices in accordance with Climeworks’ Procurement Policy and relevant regulations.
- You are in charge of preparing Freehold Lease and Right of Way Agreement documents and you acquire proximity consents, crossing agreements, road use agreements, and approvals with third parties, plus you lead commercial and strategic evaluations of bids and negotiations.
- You handle DOE funding agreements and related financial arrangements, and you identify and quantify commercial risks and devise risk management solutions.
- You have a bachelor's degree in an engineering, technical, or business field.
- You look back on 10+ years of overall professional experience, with a minimum of 5 years in commercial negotiations for large-scale contracts in the power, chemical or energy sector.
- You possess a strong network within the US infrastructure or energy industry.
- You have exceptional commercial and business acumen, and demonstrate the ability to anticipate changes, manage risks, and deliver results.
- You are an experienced people leader with a collaborative and forward-thinking approach.
- You live in Austin, TX or are willing to relocate there for this position. In addition, you are willing to travel up to 30% of the time.
What We Offer:
At Climeworks, we foster a positive, purpose-driven, and inclusive culture. We care about the well-being of our Climeworkers and offer:
- Paid time off, including vacation.
- Flexibility to occasionally work remotely and adjust working hours.
- RSUs, making you a shareholder in our company.
- A competitive 401k plan and comprehensive health insurance, including dental coverage for you and your dependents.
- A horizontal organization, a supportive team, and a dynamic, innovation-focused environment.
You will join a horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our careers portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Climeworks, we celebrate diversity and encourage everyone to apply. All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can make a difference.
We do not accept candidates from agencies for our positions.