Get to know Climeworks
Climeworks removes CO₂ from the air to fight global warming and protect future generations to come.
We develop, build and operate direct air capture (DAC) machines which capture CO₂ directly from the air. The captured carbon dioxide is removed from the air by safely storing it underground, permanently.
Founded in 2009 by engineers, Christoph Gebald and Jan Wurzbacher, Climeworks was built with a mission to inspire 1 billion people to remove CO₂ from the air, and is now spearheading the DAC industry globally. It has the world’s largest DAC facility and storage installation in operation and a team of over 300 Climeworkers determined to contribute to a net-zero future.
A true climate pioneer, Climeworks is featured as a TIME100 Influential Company 2022 and Global Cleantech 100 Company 2022, driving a revolutionary technology engineered to solve the most pressing issue of our time.
We foster a dynamic environment and are building a global purpose driven team. We are looking for disruptive thinkers, passionate achievers and inspiring leaders that are ready to take on the world’s greatest challenge.
Will you join us?
- Your mission at Climeworks is to support company projects in conceptual design to move successfully ahead towards the next phases by taking all the needed decisions related to Civil, Structural, Architectural discipline, while working together with all other discipline leads. Keep up to industry standard solutions, focus on detailing, procurement, manufacturing and installation/implementation concept.
- You will coordinate external partners and EPC Contractors along the life cycle of the projects, reviewing and following up all the documentation related.
- You will be responsible for the Cost estimates, schedules and quality planning of all Civil, Structural and Architectural questions, together with the project management being the main contact for the planning Construction trades during project execution.
- You will coordinate and contribute to engineering activities related to Civil, Structural, Architectural and Master Planning Engineering design across all project phases (conception to execution) ensuring a timely, functional and cost-effective execution.
- You will be responsible for design products’ compliance with company internal as well as external and international health, safety and environmental standards.
You have a good knowledge of international standards, codes and regulations (northern Europe) for the Civil and Structural Engineering.
- You have experience with structural modelling and calculation software and with the preparation and assessment of Static reports and structural members’ sizing for RC and steel structure buildings/facilities for process plants. SW to deliver concept and pre-FEED deliverables, enter into FEED phase and get into external design collaboration for site local detailed design and permitting purposes.
- You have experience with structural design software and 3d modelling applications, such as BIM tools, Autodesk Revit, Civil 3D, etc. would be desirable.
- You have the ability to work with unknown or lacking information, flexibility, adaptability.
- You are highly reliable and have a creative and risk-taking approach in design work.
What we offer: A horizontal organization, a great team, an improvement-oriented approach, and a scale-up venture with an innovative technology. Sounds like you? We are looking forward meeting you! Apply now by filling in the online application form and uploading your complete dossier to our career’s portal: https://www.climeworks.com/careers.
Our promise: At Climeworks, you are accepted for who you are. As part of our ongoing journey towards creating a diverse and inclusive environment - we encourage everyone to apply! All qualified applicants are considered for positions, so bring along your knowledge, personal experiences, and fresh perspectives, and together we can solve one of humankind’s greatest challenges. We look forward to getting to know you!
We don't accept candidates from agencies for our positions.